Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blast From The Past: The Lion King


Back in the day, Disney did more then create dozens of animated movie sequels that no one cares about. They actually created 2D animated movies, which were classic and amazing (of course, that doesn't mean that all their 3D animated movies are bad). One of these movies stood out for me, and will go down in history, as well as always being one of my single favorite movies of all time (look out for a post in the future dealing with this).

The Lion King told the story on young lion Simba, and the untimely death of his father, Mufasa (which also happens to be one of the most traumatic experiences of my life). One of the greatest parts of this movie is simply it's memorability. Despite coming out 15 years ago (yeah, it's been that long), it is still remembered as an amazing classic movie.

Also The Lion King had a sequel, I don't treat it as a big deal like the completely unneccessary Madagascar 2 because the sequel was actually GOOD. Although not nearly as epic as the original, The Lion King II brought on multiple new characters that were each as deep as the originals.

I hope you've all seen this movie; if you have not, you must as soon as possible: it is truly a movie for the ages, and as I said before, is one of my favorite movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment