Friday, February 6, 2009

Blast From The Past: A Bug's Life



Just a few short years after the box office hit (not to mention the first three dimensional animated movie) Toy Story, a great (and in my opinion under-rated) movie was released: A Bug's Life. This movie told the story of the ant Flick and his attempt to warn and protect his colony. Now, the reason I bring this up is because there has been recent news on a Toy Story 3, 11 years after the second one was released. I feel that A Bug's Life should have a sequel; however, I am also not sure a sequel would benefit the movie. While I understand that not enough people have seen this movie, a sequel could introduce a bunch of a brand new characters with no real "meat". An idea I had was to simply create a new villian - spiders. It could be done easily, but this could bring it on a bad road... like Shrek, the once potential animated classic, with half a dozen sequels and spin offs to suck the money out of it like a vacuum operated by an anteater. Although it's obviously old, I'd like to give A Bug's Life an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment